Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tattoos, volcanos and ghost tours!

There have been so many ways I wanted to start this particular blog, but I think a photo will suffice.



Right this very second I am sitting atop St Arthur's Seat, this is the highest hill/extinct volcano in Edinburgh, the site is breath taking. It is a beautiful day, the sun is shining, the temperature is warm, and just a little overcast, so no sunburn today!

I've been a busy bee these last few days, here's what a got up to.

 Saturday morning consisted of a walking tour up the royal mile, this was interesting but to be honest our guide was extremely relaxed. She is a lovely person, and her style of guiding is to basically let you do your own thing. I like this, but I also like to learn bout the places, and be bombarded with information. So I was slightly let down with her local knowledge, or more so the limited of amount that was imparted.

 My roomate, Kate and I, hit up some shows. We first saw Austenacious. This is basically an improv show where the audience put forward multiple book title names, and one is randomly pulled out of a basket. Then a play is done according to the name automatically. It was commedy, however everything was performed in Victorian style, i.e. costumes and language used. I would rate it five stars, it was entertaining, funny, the actors great, they engaged the audience! Loved it all together. The only downside was that we were being roasted alive, as the show was going on! It was an absolutely sauna in the crowed little room, otherwise great,

 After having ice cream and crepes, we headed to see another play called Lady M. This was a take on Lady Macbeth, from Shakespeare's Macbeth play. It was a solo performance, however quite outstanding. It was even hotter in this room, and felt like I was about to pass out.

This was a great imaginative play, from the point of lady Macbeths Lady in waiting. Insinuating that Lady Macbeth's death was not suicide, but a murder.

 As the day drew to a close it was getting cooler and more exciting, because tonight we were off to the see the Edinburgh Tattoo. I remember when I was little once or twice catching glimpses of the Tattoo on TV, never entertaining that one day I could see it. But here I was, about to watch the Edinburgh Tattoo in Scotland!

It surpassed all my expectations, the marching, choreography, music, history. It was marvellous, being slightly critical I would probably conclude that their dressing was slightly shabby, and the mark time was reticulum. My sergeants would NEVER have allowed it.

Today included at big climb up and extinct volcano, that was amazing and hit some beautiful photos. I then headed into the Royal Mile to partake in a ghost tour of the vaults belong Edinburgh.

Poor little girl in our group got so scared she burst into tears, and was shaking uncontrollably.

Off to Germany tomorrow! Sua x

No comments :

Post a Comment