Thursday, August 16, 2012

Stark naked. Monstrous Acts.

Edinburgh Edinburgh. You never let me down.

Whether it be from my early early morning wake up, and by early I mean 3.30am, to see the rest of the guys off to turkey. To leave the house at 5.30, to catch the bus to the train station, walk to the central bus station, get on a bus for 9 hours, to walk from the bus station to the hostel.

 Tired. And smelly. I never realised before how much people start to smell after simply sitting in a confined space together. It's actually quite similar to the situation I am in right this second. Sitting here on my bunk with 13 other gents and ladies,  the fella above me clearly did not have a shower tonight, therefore his yummy body odours are quite distinctive. I can only hope that my new lemon body oils that I purchased today will overpower his. 

Also on the the bus trip there were these two english guys. They were quite typically your stereotypical guys. Discussing their conquests, it was really quite despicable. at one stage one of the guys, lets call him Tom went to his mate "no way, you didn't, you didn't do her did you?"
Joe said hurriedly "No,and even if i had gone there I wouldn't be admitting it".

 What abosolute jerks. Morals these days have absolutely shot throu the floor. They honest to goodness don't exist, or if they do, its for a very select group of people.

However it is the FRINGE FESTIVAL here, it's like a month of plays and impromptu musicales and not to mention the EDINBURGH TATTOO. The atmosphere here is amazing, you go out on the street and are accosted by budding actors, dressed in costumes, from vicotrian styled dresses, pantomimes, shirtless young Scottish blokes, to Emos, street performers, markets. It's all here! What an amazing experience this shall be. 


 So upon arriving I ventured out to explore the stalls, purchase sandals, a belt, some sushi to have for dinner, and my little splurge was buying a new handbag from a cute little Scottish store called Ness. It's so pretty! My green one has almost had it :( I don't know whether to keep it or ditch it... Going to be a sad day when that comes! 


Nice returning to the hostel, I made friends with two f the girls in my dorm. A German and a Brit. It was really helpful, the Brit told us about how the plays are running and what's happening when. So German girl; she pronounces her name like 've-ol-e-a', like the cleaning company we have in Oz. Made me smile. 

Taking a plunge, Veolia and I headed out to find the play about a- doctor with three personalities, however upon arriving we found out that tonight and tomorrow night are the two nights that the show is not on, so we chose to go to another show around the corner. A play called Monstrous Acts. 

If I thought Moulin Rouge was bad,and it was simply seeing breasts, but this one well, it was a small theatre with or naps 25 of use in there, I was about a metre away from the actors, so when the first actor walked out stark naked, I had to lift my jaw of the ground. When he then. Preceded to Bron and wash him self while squatting in front of me, I tried ,to look anywhere else but a him. 
however that was only the beginning. The story was about two men who bad Bron been sentenced to death. The first one, Sebastian, has been in prison in his own confined cell for 3 months already when a cell mate arrives, Seal. A man who unbeknown to Sebastian has killed over 400 children, whilst raking them, burning them, and bathing on their blood. Seal rapes Sebastian in his sleep. However we then go ton to see that from Sebastians initial anger over being raped, he and Seal fall in 'love'. 
When the day of execution arrives Sebastian smothers Seal. 

However lease let me enlighten you they happily made out in the sex scenes, were stark naked thrusting against each other. If anything has ever made you uncomfortable times it by ten and that was how I was feeling.i could not watch as they made out. However I applaud their commitment to their art, because it truly was an artistic performance of an old untold story of what happened in prisons. 

However on. Happier note, after the completing and being much more enlightened, we walked out of gen theatre the final march by of the trips at the Edinburgh Tattoo in all their glory. I must say I cannot wait to see it. It looks and sounds spectacular. 

  I'm off to bed! Nights! Xx

No comments :

Post a Comment