Monday, July 23, 2012

Stuff that happens.

So currently lying opposite the Copenhagen navy barracks in my comfy bed with a not so comfy pillow. Isn't that always the problem when travelling, the beds in hotels are generally fab, but they always always skimp on the pillows. Such a let down! But so far today I've been relaxed, sleepy, full to bursting, angry, frustrated(at cab drivers- when a person says that's fragile, please be careful with it. That does not mean, yes please shove it into your boot like there's no tomorrow, and duh of course I want my huge 20kg suitcase shoved on top of it. IDIOT), happy, excited and lost. One crazy moment today. Well so the Swedish language is slightly similar but also very different to the English. For instance my Mum and I thought we understood that dorr, eupp, urr meant door, close, door open, and down. But to our surprise when pushing these buttons we went down to the floor we wanted, then the button we thought opened the door, took us back up to the top floor, then the door to close opened it. Well simply I hung my head in shame as we played jack in the box in the stockholm central elevator, until we figured out how to get out! Here's some restaurant observations! A the chinese restaurant in Amsterdam, with the hair in my food did not go down well. Most definitely did not pay for that. B'elta, Adam's sister cooked the most delicious chicken bacon feast I've tasted in a while! The Copenhagen Italian restaurant, with the cute and sweet waiter who messed up our entrees with mains and then gave us free drinks, you're a babe! To the drop dead American babe serving us beer at a cute little Danish pub.... Dreamy! We caught the fast train from Stockholm to Copenhgen today, not to eventful, was lovely to the the scenery as it is so different to Australia's environment! A day of shopping tomorrow and site seeing! X

No comments :

Post a Comment