Sunday, July 22, 2012

My vast knowledge

Yes I have been lazy. So here's an update covering, Edinburgh, Amsterdam and now Sweden.

Edinburgh you were amazing! It was a relaxing visits if not a bit overshadowed as the apartment we were staying in was up four flights of stairs, in 'uni' accom,with a live in chain smoker, broken toilet, bathroom door that scraped against the tiles, making a horrible screeching sound like dying cats getting wet.  Oh then Mum got sick, fell down a flight of stairs, and it rained. However as perhaps negative that may sound Edinburgh was fabulous.

A) because it was the warmest place we had stayed, even with the rain, b) they had the best and most reasonably priced shops, and c) it was all just so pretty!

As an overall opinion I actually can't wait to get back there in August for the Edinburgh Tattoo.

Some people observations.
  • There is actually very few red heads in Scotland. Ireland won on the red head count.
  • Edinburgh's tourists all can be found on the Royal Mile. Every single one of them. It is like a can of sardines. 


The Netherlands

Oh Amsterdam, what an experience you were, my appetite will miss you, but my bank account will not.

I see Amsterdam as the Bali place of Europe. However a couple differences being everything is expensive but that's just life. Secondly the traffics going the wrong way, and when i refer to traffic i refer to crazy pushy pedestrians, let alone the advanced serial killer cyclists, and the daring idiot tourists who attempt to join their ranks. What fools, then add the cars, trams, buses, ferries, trains, and really opinionated taxi drivers, you have a lovely fruit salad mix of potentially lethal killing machines greeting you when you venture outside your hotel room.

Even with my mother and I fighting off the continuous downpour for the first two days it was a marvellous adventure. I ordered of pancake for lunch at the pub, and it was literally twice the size of my plate, it was DELICIOUS. Even as I hang my head in shame whilst I admit this, I sit comfortably in my Swedish friend Adam's home knowing none of you can get me. Here goes: I pulled out my camera and took photos of my food.

:O

So stay posted for when I get my laptop back and I'll blast you all with photos!

And of course we visited the red light district, we did not however sample any of there products. But it is just liked what you'd think. 

Sweden
Home to IKEA, and one of the worlds highest suicide rate, lack of sun and cold. But home to one of my fabulous friends Adam,  It has been lovely, went out and partied with the swedes last night, that was amazing! They can definitely do shots, and quite happy to say that i kept up! They have such pretty little houses here.

I don't even know where to begin describing them, but it's the most reasonable priced country, with an amazing history, gorgeous country side, and lovely people!

 I cannot wait to come back here and visit!

Well Mum wants her computer, so I will continue to update you from Copenhagen tomorrow!







No comments :

Post a Comment