Sunday, July 15, 2012

Footish fetish Scottish

Got my luggage back!!Two hours before I left the country :) close one! But thank goodness!my HAIRSTRAIGHTNER!! Currently I'm in Scotland, it is beautiful! So I love it! It's freezing of course, where is it not cold in the northern hemisphere?,but it's amazing, honestly. Mum and I had dinner at the cute little pub/bar/cafe with live music! I also forgot to mention that I bought the most marvellous ring in Ireand but as I am doing these updates on my iPad, I'm unable to attach photos. So you will have to bear with me until August, when I get my laptop back with me! However tomorrow we are off on a tour up to loch ness and the highlands! Exciting! People observations: Scottish people sound like Indian people on crack.... For example after walking past a group a men talking really loudly ad fast, my Mum comments to me, "so what do you think about their accents?" Me: "haven't heard them yet mum" Mum: "that was them" Me: "they were speaking English?" One of the many wise reasons by I am not studying uni in Edinburgh, they'd all sound like ESL (English second language). The Irish and the Scottish are besties, with a common enemy being the English! Talk about rivalry! Next up being that My mum is truly the kindest person in the world, with continuous understanding and compassion for all people. There are many homeless people in Edinburgh. It is really quite horrible. Not quite am observation but an little quirky fact, just down the road from our room in Edinburgh it the royal mile, along that road is the foundations of a brass gate that was buIlt there in the 1500's. It marked to the Scottish people there the end of the world, those foundations are still there. Absolutely amazing! Ps check out my Mum's blog also for better grammar and stories of our adventures! www.nzandbeyond.blogspot.com

No comments :

Post a Comment