Thursday, November 29, 2012

Bathed in a Bath in Bath.

Tuesday morning bright, early and rainy started off eventful. Nolan slept through her alarm, might add she does this all the time. Clearly it needs to be turned up louder or something else needs to be implemented! After having no phone credit, running to the security office, asking to borrow one of the security guys phones, his phone running out of credit as I rang Nolan, then borrowing the other fellas phone and Nolan not picking up until the second phone call. Saying Nolan you've got 15 minutes to be at the Church bus stop and I'll go met varsh, sua. and running down the rainy hill to catch the bus, was all to much for 6am on a Tuesday morning.

But after that everything went rather splendidly. Our bus trip, tube ride, and train to Bath went by quietly. Arriving in Bath was nice, I'm not exactly sure what impression I made of it, it is rather small, quaint, cold and quiet. Does that make any sense at all?



 We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived the Christmas markets had just begun so we were able to get into the festive season, have some bad food at cute pubs and cafes, meet obnoxious old drunk fellas, and feast on yummy cakes! Before I accidentally through out Nolan's cake. Awkward.

We visited the touristy sites such as the Royal Crescent, The circus and the Roman Baths.

The Baths were definitely a highlight for me.  The history and purpose behind them is amazing. The engineering the Romans constructed was so clever, it's almost impossible to believe that what they built back was possible without the tools and resources we have today!

However the I've got a few upcoming trips....


This Friday back off to Edinburgh for (don't judge) the Harry Potter Snow Ball. To be honest I cannot wait!

Then the weekend after that off to Glasgow to visit some family friends, which should be a marvelous catch up time!



Then uni's out for three weeks! The Christmas break. I still don't have any plans for Christmas, hoping it will simply sort itself out. However I have to visit York in the North still and hopefully get of to Wales and maybe if I can make the money stretch Belfast!

Hoever in between all this my Bestest friend Kristie is arriving from Australia to visit and continue her own adventures around Europe! So much looking forward to her coming and visiting. I can't believe that after that I'll be heading home in two short months. Time has flown, but thinking of home brings a  smile to my face, and i can't wait to get back!

No comments :

Post a Comment