Saturday, December 17, 2011

Topsy Turvy //


What’s on my mind? Well today’s my Mum’s 43rd birthday. She’s simply the bestest person ever. To spoil her, which she really needs, my family and I bought her two tickets to of see Roen Keating at a Day on the Green. Finger crossed she’ll have a blast! And on Saturday I’m cooking dinner for the family. That is going to be interesting. If anyone comes down sick from eating whatever I produce from that place called a kitchen, it is not my fault. There will be a disclaimer as you walk through the door. “Anything you consume from this point on is not the responsibility of the females in this house”. Keen.

Second topic for discussion is that I also began reading this book written by Tony Wheeler, one of the founders of Lonely Planet. It is called Bad Lands. So far (I have only read the first few chapters) it’s turning out into a very interesting read. It’s all about the ‘badlands’, you know the deal, Afghanistan, North Korea. All the places we are told not to go. So what did he do? He went there. I am thinking that that was pretty game of him, it’s similar to being the only drink left in a room full of alcoholics. There is no way your getting out of there.

In the beginning of the book he quotes a Persian poet Hafez which states “Although the road may be dangerous and the final destination far out of sight. There is no route which does not come to an end: do not despair.

I really enjoyed that. Basically no matter the pain it all has to come to an end one day. So I think in this perspective he’s talking about as if yeh travelling through these places may be one crappy trip, but it has got to finish eventually!

Third topic for the day, is my scratchy world map! This is a present I received from my friends Specky, she had me for secret Santa! It is one of the greatest presents I have received. And yes I do understand that I opened it a bit early, but there was no way I could not!


No comments :

Post a Comment