Monday, June 16, 2014

Living it up in freo!

Things have been hectic; I would have it no other way. I've been wanting change; change of job, change of pace, change of landscape, in the last month I have got all that and bit.


 My new position at the Fremantle Sailing Club (FSC) is spectacular; my title for those who like that sort of thing is Sailing and Events Assistant Manager. My key role is focusing on the three National Sailing Championships, FSC is hosting in January 2015, with expected daily attendance of 1000+ people from overseas and interstate there is quite a lot to organise. The other major event I am assisting with is the Fremantle to Bali Race and Rally in May 2015. Amongst juggling these planning activities I'm learning all about FSC’s winter onshore and offshore Sailing races which occur weekly for members and non-members alike.

Just to clarify when I say I'm assisting I mean organising entertainers, accommodation, logistics, social media and marketing, event photogrpahers and videographers, it's brilliant really!


At the end of my first two weeks I feel pretty happy at where I am, the job is keeping me on my toes, the team is amazing coming with such experienced backgrounds, it's a pleasure to hear stories and to learn from. My immediate supervisor has previously worked in the last four Olympics, managing athletes, while my colleague is a current two time (going for his third) World Champion Sailor. 
Oh and did I mention the location, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.   




 

But on the other note within a week of getting the job, I scored a room with a super groovy French lady only 1.4km from work, a 5 minute bike ride or a 15 minute walk. To add to that my gym, shops and church is in between. It's all worked out a dream. Life is bliss.
 


No comments :

Post a Comment