Thursday, August 9, 2012

Scared, that's not in my vocabulary.


Yesterday was a whirlwind, I'll compare it to watching the new Batman movie, every moment something exciting was happening, it just never stopped, and you didn't want it to. So lets get into the nitty gritty details, frankly because I'm sure you'll love to hear how Jess punched a London fella (he was asking for it) in the face.

We visited Madame Tussauds in the morning. It was a surreal experience, seeing wax figures, that so closely resembled their real life counter parts. My favourites would have to be the Royal Family shot! It was spectacular. Madame Tussauds has been specifically planned out to give the visitor the most information possible.


You go though a journey, posing with celebrities, then world leaders, sporting stars, the Royal family and historic moments. We then reached the "Horrible Histories" section, a more accurate name would be "A black room, with screaming sounds, mirrors, dead animals, pitch black, with REAL LIFE people jumping and screaming out at you, Hope you enjoy your stay". Each turn brought a new terror to your sight, and if there wasn't a person there ready to take years of your life, the anticipation did instead.

Needless to say Jess and I were glued together as we took the first step, I think Caitlin having experienced similar scary shows at the Royal show, was slightly more prepared than us. In our minds we were like, pft we did the London Dungeons, as if this could be worse. We were wrong.

Five metres in, on the tenth bend, Caitlin was gone for my sight, and made a run for it. Jess was squeakily edging forward as, hands stuck together we kept look out left right, in front, left right, in "ARGGGGHHHHHH".

Some idiot jumped right into Jess's face, and well, up came Jess's fist with her water bottle to boot, poor fella. But honestly what did he expect? Quite a hazardous job really.

Lucky he only had a sore nose, not a broken one. He simply said in a scary voice that had Jess and I quaking, "Hands down girrrrlll". Oh, she put her hands down, as we started almost running with our eyes shut to get out of this hell place.

Caitlin came out looking like the terminator, whilst Jess and I came out shaking, and sweating, decidedly scarred for life.


From there on we went to the cartoon was section which was great. Watched a 4D film, with the water that sprays on you, and kidney punchers in your seats. Was very entertaining indeed.

With a sigh of relief and sadness, mostly relief, this brought the experience of Madame Tuassauds to an end.

Using the Tube we then found ourselves across town, outside Victoria Station having a little picnic in the park before our theatre going debut. We went to watch the production at Wicked. All I can say is phenomenal, it was amazing. The storyline itself was brilliant, showing a whole new perspective to the Wicked Witch of the West, in the Wizard of Oz. And to what a sook Dorothy was. I would most definitely recommend anyone to buy the book, or if they are lucky enough to watch the production.

The actors were brilliant, with beautiful voices! Not to mention the lead male, who I'm sure much to his delight gets to make out twice with both of the two leading ladies during each show, and they perform the show twice a day, you can do the maths. The costumes and scene settings were amazing.

From Wicked we ventured of to Leicester square to our Karaoke debut, it was most definitely a day for firsts. I've never particularly been one for sing star, let alone Karaoke. I have the tendency to sound like a dying animal of sorts. But our little booth just out of the heart of Chinatown was some of the  best fun I have had in a long time.

Little did we know, the security camera in the booth, witnessing our downfalls in singing and dancing, was coming up of the security screens in the bar for all to see.

 However prior warning should be given, that I can no longer listen to Payphone without shivers running down my back, we destroyed that song. However blasting out long forgotten songs with a  small group of friends was bliss.

From there we hit up Chinatown to get some dinner. It was a cute little Chinese restaurant, our waiter never smiled. Ever. I can announce I ate Duck for the first time.  I'm not some huge animal lover, but I just always remember feeding them bread at the pond, giving them something yummy to eat.  Not fattening them up so the local Chinese shop owner and grab 'em, pluck 'em, behead 'em, roast 'em, and serve 'em.

But I got past that and ate 'em. I think I would compare it to eating chicken stuffing. Not my cup of tea.

Then being extremely tired, I headed home with Karen and Mad's, leaving Jess and Caitlin to party up in Chinatown.

What a day.



I'll add some more pics up of this day on another blog, just can't find the dang cord for Mad's camera to get pictures off :)

No comments :

Post a Comment