Friday, July 27, 2012

When one door closes another opens. You hope.

Today was a melbourne day, four seasons in one day. I'll quickly ramble off what was achieved Woke up, got dressed, went out to trafalgar square to get touristy pics with the count down clock, had yummy brunch with mum at the cute heathy food cafe. Ended up breaking my sandals, resulting in me walking around London city barefoot for an hour or so on the look out for a shoe store.

Our mission to find shoes took us past a protest/demonstration of an African nation. Then thank goodness came across 'clarks', where the overly helpful store lady stuck to my back 'helping' me find shoes. with shoes back on my feet, and not looking quite so homeless Mum and I hit up Regents street and did some retai therapy.

 After making our feet sore again we went home to chill out before we headed to the airport to say our goodbyes. Yes there were tears, who doesn't cry when say bye to their amazing Mum? But right this moment I'm in bed after finishing packing my humongous suitcase. It has somehow magically multiplied itself in the last three weeks!

 No idea how I am going to manage to lug it around tomorrow on trains to get to my next impromptu home! However ignoring all this blubber, I need to mention a few achievements so far on this journey.

My Mum who is petrified of heights is no longer prettified, probably slightly scared would be an apt description now. The escalators here, going down to the tube are almost vertical. Mums initial reaction was one of a statue, a frozen stance, shaking and panicy breathing, she was practically a new woman today, looking up down, back and around, and not holding on to the rail. The Opening Ceremony so far has be incredible, absolutely amazing! The creativity, celebrities, music and acting. Wow.

No comments :

Post a Comment